Saturday, April 2, 2011

20 months of aWeSomEnEss...

Photobucket

It has been far too long since I have blogged! Basically the same thing going on around here, just chasing Lawson around a little faster these days as he is RUNNING all over everywhere and climbing on all the furniture and appliances.. He is full of life thats for sure and brings nothing but joy to our world. We have had our share of illnesses this sick season, bronchitis, flu, more bronchitis, ear infection, pneumonia, bronchiolitis, to name a few.. Needless to say, I am ready as ever to ditch the nebulizer and for spring and summer to get here so my kid can be a kid!

Lawson Crue started a new school two weeks ago and has done AMAZING. His new teacher is a God send to me and I do believe Lawson has already managed to steal her heart. The third day he was there she wrote "he is such a joy to spend the day with!" at the bottom of his daily report... That really did my heart good. What more could you ask for than to have someone appreciate caring for your child... And on an even happier note, as of the 1st week of May I will only be working Monday-Wednesday! So at last he will be with Momma more days a week than he is at the daycare! Woo hoo!

At times I just really don't even know what to blog anymore because my feelings are just the same...complete awe of this little person living in my house that god has so graciously blessed us with. I look at pictures of him as a tiny baby and I just cannot believe it.. to this day I cannot believe he is mine. I pause at least ten times a day and just watch him in complete wonder of what an awesome miracle he is and cannot even begin to fathom the life ahead of him. The amazing thing about the older kids get is that you reallly start to recognize how much THEY love YOU. One of my favorite things in the world is when Lawson just comes up to me out of nowhere and hugs my legs and presses his chubby little cheek against me and pats me and says "mommmma" in that drawn out gushy little i-love-u-so-much tone. It melts my heart. Pretty much everything he does melts my heart. He is just a sweetheart. It is not uncommon for my Mom to come visit and Lawson makes her cry at least twice each time just by simply smiling at her really cute or saying something sweet. Yep, she is such a sap.. LOL!

He is now 20.5 months old and weighs almost 24 lbs and is 31 inches long. Wow almost 20 pounds bigger than when he was born!! My how time has just literally flown by. Plans are already in order for a SECOND birthday party. I cannot believe it. He can now point to and name most body parts, will show you his muscles on demand, and amongst speaking full conversations in his own "Lawson language" he says Momma, Daddy, Bubba, Granny, Sissy, Linny, ball, cracker, cookie, dog, this, that, drink, blanky, night-night, hi, bye bye, thank you, Jesus, eyes, hair, nose, ear, mine, meanie, shoes, pee-pee, poo-poo, bath, and of course CAR... He LOVES cars. He goes to bed playing with cars and immediately wants his cars when he awakes in the morning.

He is just blessin my socks off day in and day out, and I cannot wait to wake up everyday just to see his precious face and hear what might come out of his mouth next....

No comments:

Post a Comment