Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010...hello 2011!

I absolutely cannot believe how fast this past year has flown by! This time last year I had a lil boy who couldn't really sit up, had no teeth, and was still pretty much spitting up everything he ate.. Now we have breezed through the crawling phase, after a lil extra help we have moved through walking and now we are running everywhere and exploring and getting into every inch of the house! He has 8 teeth and two that have just broke thru the gum but not all the way though yet. And let me tell ya, to be such a lil guy, this boy will eat anything that won't eat him 1st with no problem! He is now 17.5 months old and weighs 22 lbs and is 30 inches long.. I cannot believe how fast he has grown. At times he is an ornery lil booger, but he is so darned sweet and charming. Today he was standing up on the seat of his 4wheeler from Santa/aka Bubba (which I have told him a million times NOT to do) and of course I pointed at him and said SIT DOWN! Do You want a spankin? (he shakes his head no)...he sits down...and then with this innocent lil grin stands right back up on the seat of the 4wheeler.. So I stand up and quickly approach him to scold him...what does he do, he sits down as fast as he can and excitedly throws his hand on his face and MMMMUAH! blows me a kiss...he definately knows how to work me. But he still got in trouble. I am not gonna raise a brat who won't listen and bosses me around. (haha, yeah, we'll see.)

So I have been horrible about blogging, I know, I know...but I will try to sum up the holidays a little.

Thanksgiving...

So I was so pumped to cook a huge meal for my family in my brand new kitchen....And I remained excited and happy to do it UNTIL what I like to call "the turkey incident" happened...I thought I was going to be so cool and use a foodnetwork recipe for my turkey...I shoulda known when I had to ask someone at walmart where to find some of the spices it called for I was in trouble...Anyway, so I am attempting to clean this bird in my kitchen and I get stumped, I do not SEE any neck to be pulled out of this thing...so I do what i always do when I am perplexed or have a question pertaining to anything and everything life may throw my way..I call the McLaughlin household.... (toilets overflowing..call McLaughlins...baby's sick...call McLaughlins..have a turkey crisis, call McLaughlins!)..... Luckily Clay's sister is apparently a turkey guru and she begins to walk me thru the sick and twisted ways of molesting...I mean preparing a turkey...I get my hand stuck in this poor birds butt. Seriously, my hand was stuck. Glad everyone thought it was so funny. It looked like a turkey horror movie had been filmed in my sink by the time I got done pulling out all the bodily organs that are for some odd reason left inside the thing in plastic bags...yuck. Through it all, everything turned out delicious, and my brother even said my maple glazed, bacon encrusted turkey was the best he had ever eaten! Hallelujah! Because after all the blood, sweat, tears, and near loss of an appendage, anyone who talked badly about that bird would've found themselves missing some teeth ;) It really was a blessed day. Me, Darryl, my Momma, Lawson Crue, Ella, Jac, Butch, Sam, Evan, Darylen all under one roof making memories and stuffing our faces, pretty much my idea of heaven ;)



Thanksgiving 2009
Photobucket

Thanksgiving 2010
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






Christmas 2010 was an absolute blast. It came and went so fast. It was awesome to have our first ever 9 foot christmas tree, and put lights and decorations on our new home. I am so extremely excited to see all that 2011 has in store for the Bordeaux household, this year has been a whirlwind, but in all, it has been one of the best yet.


Christmas 2009
Photobucket

Christmas 2010
Twas the night before Christmas...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

New Years 2009
Photobucket

Happy 2011 Love, Lawson Crue!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment