Monday, June 6, 2011

goodbye crib...hello toddler bed.

This is June.. Which means next month is July...***sigh*** Sooooo, my son will be 23 months old the 18th of this month. Still, I am in a complete whirlwind. I have no clue where the time has went.

Memorial Day weekend, Darryl and I finally put together his new bed and moved his crib out of his room...This has been a HUGE thing for me. The bed has actually been in our garage for a month now, but I just was not ready to move the crib out yet. I mean, that crib is where my precious baby has spent countless hours, the place I picked him up from at wee hours of the morning for feedings only to lay him right back down in his "crib"... I didn't really think about how attached I was to it until it was crunch time to get rid of it. So as I picked up the final piece to the crib to carry it out to the garage, I just rested my forehead on the doorway to his room and had myself a good long cry. I just didn't want to let go of the crib phase. As I stood there and cried, I felt a chubby little hand pat me on the leg and then Lawson brushed up against me and began to meow like a kitten. LOL. He then threw his head back and gave me a sarcastic laugh. Guess that was his way of saying it was going to be okay ;)

I look back at old pictures (yes, I gawk and stare at all 75 billion of them 24/7) and I just shake my head in disbelief. I miss baby bottles...2 am feedings...sweet cooing in the morning...seeing a toothless, gummy grin... But right now I am totally loving the humor. Oh, there is non-stop entertainment in the form of my 32 1/2 inch, 26 lb, goofy, dancing, talking, toddler. Yep, he is a toddler. Well, he is a toddler baby ;)

He loved being swaddled..and I loved swaddling him ;)
Photobucket

My handsome lil devil...in his CRIB ;)
Photobucket


awwww..and I miss the binky too :'(
Photobucket

I cannot believe how big he has gotten.
Photobucket

aaaaaaaand...drumroll please....




THE TODDLER BED!...oh have mercy after seeing all the pics lines up in a row, I cannot believe my eyes.
Photobucket
Lord, thank you for answering my prayer..and giving me this precious angel, no matter what kind of bed he is sleeping in, I am more and more in love and in awe of him every day. Thank you Lord Jesus for trusting me to be this lil guys Momma. I know now that the long wait and all the trials to get him here were so small in comparison to the gift You were preparing, and a form of preparation to help me to appreciate each and every moment. I cannot fathom how I could ever be deservant of a gift such as my Awesome Lawson Crue, but I am forever greatful. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I love that he still sleeps with his hiney in the air! Presh!!!! Oliveubestfriend!

    ReplyDelete